Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

After having a pretty tough time this morning with running I was scanning internet for some words of wisdom and thought I would share what I found on active.com

"A solid...race is not made from a handful of good runs, but rather the sum of good, bad and sometimes ugly workouts. As you make your way through the training program, remember not every run will be your strongest. Even the world's fastest elite runners have tough running days. If you're having a rough day, slow the pace, and get through it. It's all part of the training process and breaking through to your running best. The great workouts will build confidence, the challenging "When-can-I-stop" runs will develop mental strength, and all of them combined will keep your momentum flowing."

Today was definitely a "when-can-I-stop" run for me and this made me feel better.

-Heather-

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I feel like I have days like that a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah snap! for me, every single run is a 'when-can-I-stop' run! Guess I'd better keep at it:)

    ReplyDelete