Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Buttery Shrimp Pasta

Ohhhh.....This was so yummy! My goal is to post a bunch of seafood recipes since I know some of us are struggling with the whole fish thing. Let me just tell you...if you have the right recipe, you will LOVE it!

My kids loved this one. Ryan was afraid the shrimp was about to crawl off his plate, so he just ate the pasta. He at least liked that. It says to add the red pepper flakes in the mix, but I just sprinkled some on top of mine and Ryan's so I didn't fry the kid's mouths.

Also, once it was cooked it needed more flavor. I added garlic salt, and that did the trick.

Ingredients
8 ounces pasta (I used whole wheat)
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined (mine was already cooked)
2 cups half and half (I used 1% milk-thickened up once I got the pasta in)
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced or 1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions
Cook pasta, set aside. In large skillet heat butter. Add shrimp and garlic. Saute 4 minutes. Remove shrimp. Add half and half. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, basil, cheese, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour sauce into bowl. Add pasta and toss well.

-Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I could definately use some more seafood recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete