Thursday, April 7, 2011

Any-Berry Muffins



One word: YUMMMMY!!!

These muffins are so good...my kids love them for breakfast, snack, or even dessert! (Yes, they are THAT good!) Here you go...


1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

3/4 c. brown sugar

1 1/2 c. raspberries, frozen (I used mixed berries)

2 eggs, well beaten

1/2 c. oil

1/4 c. water


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Stir in berries and eggs. Thoroughly mix in oil. Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin tins. Muffin cups will be full. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans. Makes 1 doz.


I posted this recipe with the changes I made to it but you can get the original recipe from http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/ --a blog that Kandis recommended. The website has lots of great recipes I want to try, but alot of her baking recommends soaking your grains first...I've never even heard of this, have you? Would love to hear your thoughts on this! Thanks:)


Kara

1 comment:

  1. Tried and loved! Thanks for the healthy easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete